Friday, April 01, 2011

Vegan Bucket List

i poached this VEGAN BUCKET LIST from a fellow veggie head's facebook page, and i HAD to share it b/c i absolutely love it!!  i think i'm going to try and do as many things on this list as i can within the rest of my little veggie life.  i really love that my hubby is vegetarian now, and may be up for traveling to do them with me!  


http://vegnews.com/web/articles/page.do?pageId=3019&catId=6


several of them are in chicago, which is steve's favorite city...and the vegan mini-mall is in portland, which is MY favorite city (steve has yet to visit portland, which i have a feeling just might be his new fav if and when we ever make it there!)  so it makes me really happy to think about all of the fun things we can do down the line.


there are so many vegan restaurants, websites, and annual events that i was not aware of...i'm really happy to have found this list.  being vegan can evolve from just being the way that i eat, to being a bit more...we can be on the look out for fun, interesting ways to incorporate our diet into traveling.


they listed 99 things to do/eat on their list, but i would like to add one more...


#100 - Attend the NYC Vegetarian Food Festival


...and after this weekend, i can check this one off my list!!  tomorrow is my birthday, and i'll be turning the big 3-0!!  so after partying like a rock star tomorrow night, we'll be heading into NYC on sunday to attend this super awesome festival where we will try free food samples, maybe buy some vegan/vegetarian products...and then we'll be heading to the movies to see the new film "I Am" which alicia silverstone posted on the kind life website, and looks amazing!!


here's the site for the veg food festival, if anyone is interested: 


 http://nycvegfoodfest.com/


i'll be sure to let you know how it was...until then i'm enjoying my last day in my 20's...i've been a little apprehensive about turning 30, but i just now thought about the idea that i'll be a vegan for all of my 30's...i was only a vegan for a fifth of my 20's, so it can only be better from here on out!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment